I offer a response to an objection to my account of the moral difference between fetuses and newborns, an account that seeks to address an analogy between abortion and infanticide, which is based on the apparent equality of moral value of fetuses and newborns.
- Infant- Newborn
- Embryos and Fetuses
- Abortion - Induced
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Contributors PS is the sole author.
Funding The authors have not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interests None declared.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; internally peer reviewed.
Read the full text or download the PDF:
Other content recommended for you
- Fetuses, newborns, & parental responsibility
- Dilemma for appeals to the moral significance of birth
- Parental responsibilities and moral status
- Defending the distinction between pregnancy and parenthood
- The moral significance of being born
- Abortion, infanticide and moral context
- Gestaticide: killing the subject of the artificial womb
- The moral status of babies
- Yes, the baby should live: a pro-choice response to Giubilini and Minerva
- Potentials and burdens: a reply to Giubilini and Minerva