Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Funding The authors have not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interests None declared.
Patient consent for publication Not required.
Provenance and peer review Commissioned; internally peer reviewed.
↵Section 45 is one of only two sections of the Act extending to Scotland.
↵Human Tissue Act 2004 (ethical approval, exceptions from licensing and supply of information about transplants) Regulations 2006: para 2.
Read the full text or download the PDF:
Other content recommended for you
- Ethics briefings
- Approaching confidentiality at a familial level in genomic medicine: a focus group study with healthcare professionals
- The new genetics: Genetic testing and public policy
- Age-dependent penetrance of different germline mutations in the BRCA1 gene
- Study protocol: azithromycin therapy for chronic lung disease of prematurity (AZTEC) - a randomised, placebo-controlled trial of azithromycin for the prevention of chronic lung disease of prematurity in preterm infants
- Genetic testing in the acute setting: a round table discussion
- Alerting relatives about heritable risks: the limits of confidentiality
- Cervical ripening at home or in-hospital—prospective cohort study and process evaluation (CHOICE) study: a protocol
- Direct-to-consumer genetic testing for predicting sports performance and talent identification: Consensus statement
- Disclosure of genetic information to relatives: balancing confidentiality and relatives’ interests