Faith, Hope And (No) Clarity
Share this article
Click the icon of the social media platform on which you would like to share this article.
Email this article to a friend
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Other content recommended for you
- Unrealistic optimism and the ethics of phase I cancer research
- Two concepts of therapeutic optimism
- Phase 1 oncology trials and informed consent
- Informed consent for early-phase clinical trials: therapeutic misestimation, unrealistic optimism and appreciation
- Therapeutic appropriation: a new concept in the ethics of clinical research
- Understanding people’s ‘unrealistic optimism’ about clinical research participation
- Randomised placebo-controlled trials of surgery: ethical analysis and guidelines
- Therapeutic optimism in the consent forms of phase 1 gene transfer trials: an empirical analysis
- Perceptions of control and unrealistic optimism in early-phase cancer trials
- Living with Crohn’s disease: an exploratory cross-sectional qualitative study into decision-making and expectations in relation to autologous haematopoietic stem cell treatment (the DECIDES study)