Law, ethics and medicine
Harm: as indeterminate as ‘best interests’, but useful for triage
Online download statistics by month:
Other content recommended for you
- A threshold of significant harm (f)or a viable alternative therapeutic option?
- Harm is all you need? Best interests and disputes about parental decision-making
- Harm isn't all you need: parental discretion and medical decisions for a child
- Clinic, courtroom or (specialist) committee: in the best interests of the critically Ill child?
- If you ask the wrong question, you'll get the wrong answer
- Consent and capacity in children and young people
- The harm threshold and parents’ obligation to benefit their children
- Better to hesitate at the threshold of compulsion: PKU testing and the concept of family autonomy in Eire
- The development of professional guidelines on the law and ethics of male circumcision
- Making decisions to limit treatment in life-limiting and life-threatening conditions in children: a framework for practice