Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Competing interests None declared.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; internally peer reviewed.
↵i There are seven Caldicott Principles which apply to the handling of health data, see—Department of Health (2013) Information: to share or not to share p. 5.
↵ii The Information Commissioner's Office has a code of practice which sets out how data might be sufficiently anonymised that it may be used in controlled circumstances without breaching privacy.
↵iii NHS Digital (formerly the Health and Social Care Information Centre) is the focal point of heath information collection and analysis in England.
Read the full text or download the PDF:
Other content recommended for you
- Dissenting from care.data: an analysis of opt-out forms
- Ethics briefing
- A cross-sectional study of all clinicians’ conflict of interest disclosures to NHS hospital employers in England 2015-2016
- Disclosure of payments by pharmaceutical companies to healthcare professionals in the UK: analysis of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry’s Disclosure UK database, 2015 and 2016 cohorts
- Assisted dying
- Briefing: Why do we need a mandatory register of doctors’ interests?
- GMC says it can’t force doctors to disclose payments from drug companies
- The whistleblowing drama behind Astellas’s suspension from the ABPI
- Abortion—Northern Ireland (NI)
- The BMA's guidance on conscientious objection may be contrary to human rights law