Ethical issues in hymenoplasty: views from Tehran's physicians
Online download statistics by month:
Other content recommended for you
- Hymen ‘restoration’ in cultures of oppression: how can physicians promote individual patient welfare without becoming complicit in the perpetuation of unjust social norms?
- Virginity testing: recommendations for primary care physicians in Europe and North America
- Zero tolerance against patriarchal norms? A cross-sectional study of Swedish physicians’ attitudes towards young females requesting virginity certificates or hymen restoration
- Pain as performance: re-virginisation in Turkey
- Hymenorrhaphy: what happens behind the gynaecologist's closed door?
- Conflicting clinical duties
- Why physicians ought not to perform virginity tests
- Ethical dilemma: Should doctors reconstruct the vaginal introitus of adolescent girls to mimic the virginal state?
- Commentary: Education about the hymen is needed
- An analysis of the content and clinical implications of online advertisements for female genital cosmetic surgery