Other content recommended for you
- Electroconvulsive therapy, the placebo effect and informed consent
- Informed consent and ECT: how much information should be provided?
- ‘Delusional’ consent in somatic treatment: the emblematic case of electroconvulsive therapy
- Current status of electroconvulsive therapy for mood disorders: a clinical review
- Comparative efficacy and acceptability of non-surgical brain stimulation for the acute treatment of major depressive episodes in adults: systematic review and network meta-analysis
- Electroconvulsive therapy: a life course approach for recurrent depressive disorder
- Should we stop using electroconvulsive therapy?
- Electroconvulsive therapy: the importance of informed consent and ‘placebo literacy’
- Efficacy and safety of maintenance electroconvulsive therapy for sustaining resolution of severe aggression in a major neurocognitive disorder
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation: a historical evaluation and future prognosis of therapeutically relevant ethical concerns