Other content recommended for you
- Elective non-therapeutic intensive care and the four principles of medical ethics
- Elective ventilation for organ donation: law, policy and public ethics
- Dignifying death and the morality of elective ventilation
- Is providing elective ventilation in the best interests of potential donors?
- Elective ventilation and the politics of death
- Is informed consent required for the diagnosis of brain death regardless of consent for organ donation?
- Premortem interventions in dying children to optimise organ donation: an ethical analysis
- Honouring the donor: in death and in life
- Current status of paediatric and neonatal organ donation in the UK
- DONORS (Donation Network to Optimise Organ Recovery Study): Study protocol to evaluate the implementation of an evidence-based checklist for brain-dead potential organ donor management in intensive care units, a cluster randomised trial