Physicians' Ethics Forum: a web-based ethics consultation service
To meet all physicians' needs for ethics consultation in Finland, a novel form of service, the Physicians' Ethics Forum, was founded in 2003. The Forum is a cost-efficient service based on electronic communication. In this paper, experiences throughout its first 6 years are described.
- Ethics consultation
- Ethics committees/consultation
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Competing interests None.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; externally peer reviewed.
Read the full text or download the PDF:
Other content recommended for you
- Ethics support in clinical practice
- Evolution of hospital clinical ethics committees in Canada
- The quality of bioethics debate: implications for clinical ethics committees
- Electronic communication in ethics committees: experience and challenges
- Consultation activities of clinical ethics committees in the United Kingdom: an empirical study and wake-up call
- The current state of clinical ethics and healthcare ethics committees in Belgium
- Clinical ethics, information, and communication: review of 31 cases from a clinical ethics committee
- Evaluating a patient's request for life-prolonging treatment: an ethical framework
- Teamwork on inpatient medical units: assessing attitudes and barriers
- What is the role of clinical ethics support in the era of e-medicine?