Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
- web site
- codes of/position statements on professional ethics
- legal aspects
- in vitro fertilisation and embryo transfer
The first regulation in Turkey regarding in vitro fertilisation (IVF) procedures was legislated in 1987, and these services have been offered for married couples since 1988.1 Over time, the increasing number of centres providing such services has fuelled competition, and these centres have started to use websites in order to promote their services to the public in a more effective way. However, it should be noted that IVF procedures may have social, economical and psychological implications. Therefore, website-based promotion and advertising containing incorrect or misleading information on IVF services can lead to harmful consequences.2–5 There are no …
Competing interests None to declare.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; not externally peer reviewed.
Read the full text or download the PDF:
Other content recommended for you
- Predicting the chances of a live birth after one or more complete cycles of in vitro fertilisation: population based study of linked cycle data from 113 873 women
- Increased risk of multiple sclerosis relapse after in vitro fertilisation
- Impact of governmental support to the IVF clinical pregnancy rates: differences between public and private clinical settings in Kazakhstan—a prospective cohort study
- Embryo deaths in reproduction and embryo research: a reply to Murphy's double effect argument
- Predicting the chance on live birth per cycle at each step of the IVF journey: external validation and update of the van Loendersloot multivariable prognostic model
- Rare case of obstetric cholestasis presenting in the first trimester following in vitro fertilisation
- Triple-arm trial of pH (Tri-pH) effect on live birth after ICSI in Egyptian IVF facilities: protocol of a randomised controlled trial
- Effects of air pollution on clinical pregnancy rates after in vitro fertilisation (IVF): a retrospective cohort study
- Observational retrospective study of US national utilisation patterns and live birth rates for various ovarian stimulation protocols for in vitro fertilisation
- Effect of clindamycin and a live biotherapeutic on the reproductive outcomes of IVF patients with abnormal vaginal microbiota: protocol for a double-blind, placebo-controlled multicentre trial