Other content recommended for you
- Is respect for autonomy defensible?
- Right to refuse treatment in Turkey: a diagnosis and a slightly less than modest proposal for reform
- Should healthcare professionals respect autonomy just because it promotes welfare?
- First among equals? Adaptive preferences and the limits of autonomy in medical ethics
- Disfigured anatomies and imperfect analogies: body integrity identity disorder and the supposed right to self-demanded amputation of healthy body parts
- What do patients value in their hospital care? An empirical perspective on autonomy centred bioethics
- Ethics of care challenge to advance directives for dementia patients
- Three arguments against prescription requirements
- Withholding and withdrawing life support in critical care settings: ethical issues concerning consent
- The bioethical principles and Confucius’ moral philosophy