Courteous but not curious: how doctors' politeness masks their existential neglect. A qualitative study of video-recorded patient consultations
Other content recommended for you
- Measuring nursing care and compassion: the McDonaldised nurse?
- Three pitfalls of accountable healthcare rationing
- The “four quadrants” approach to clinical ethics case analysis; an application and review
- Ethics in cross-cultural encounters: a medical concern?
- Does the harm component of the harmful dysfunction analysis need rethinking?: Reply to Powell and Scarffe
- Highlights from this issue
- Fidelity to the healing relationship: a medical student's challenge to contemporary bioethics and prescription for medical practice
- ‘Rethinking “Disease”: a fresh diagnosis and a new philosophical treatment’
- A definition and ethical evaluation of overdiagnosis
- What is happening during case deliberations in clinical ethics committees? A pilot study