Ethical approval for research involving geographically dispersed subjects: unsuitability of the UK MREC/LREC system and relevance to uncommon genetic disorders
Share this article
Click the icon of the social media platform on which you would like to share this article.
Email this article to a friend
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Other content recommended for you
- Non-commercial clinical trials of a medicinal product: can they survive the current process of research approvals in the UK?
- The new system of review by multicentre research ethics committees: prospective study
- Meeting the challenges facing research ethics committees: some practical suggestions
- What are local issues? The problem of the local review of research
- Impact of recent legislative bills regarding clinical research on Italian ethics committee activity
- Should local research ethics committees monitor research they have approved?
- Multicentre research ethics committees: has the cure been worse than the disease?
- New governance arrangements for research ethics committees: is facilitating research achieved at the cost of participants’ interest
- The ESRC research ethics framework and research ethics review at UK universities: rebuilding the Tower of Babel REC by REC
- Bureaucracy of ethics applications