Autonomy and identity
Share this article
Click the icon of the social media platform on which you would like to share this article.
Email this article to a friend
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Other content recommended for you
- The ethics of semantics in medicine
- Communicating genetic information in the family: the familial relationship as the forgotten factor
- Autonomy and negatively informed consent
- Making the ‘genetic counsellor’ in the UK, 1980–1995
- Integrating person-centred care and social justice: a model for practice with larger-bodied patients
- Coordinating the norms and values of medical research, medical practice and patient worlds—the ethics of evidence based medicine in orphaned fields of medicine
- The unfeasibility of requests for euthanasia in advance directives
- Testimonial injustice in medical machine learning
- Alzheimer disease and pre-emptive suicide
- Nudging in the clinic: the ethical implications of differences in doctors’ and patients’ point of view