Pressuring Mrs Thomas to accept treatment: a case history.
A general practitioner (GP) recounts events which unfolded after visiting a patient at home. She was found to be suffering from an entirely curable clinical condition which was worsening as a result of refusal to accept effective medical treatment. The effects upon a grown-up son of the patient's refusal, and the increasing burden of care falling upon local district nursing services, were factors which influenced the GP's thinking and decision making.
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Other content recommended for you
- 2021 Southern Medical Research Conference
- 2022 Southern Medical Research Conference
- Southern Regional Meeting 2019 New Orleans, LA February 21–23, 2019
- 2018 Southern Regional Meeting
- Western Regional Meeting Abstracts
- Mental health problems of undocumented migrants (UMs) in the Netherlands: a qualitative exploration of help-seeking behaviour and experiences with primary care
- Poster presentations
- Intellectual disability and mental health problems: a qualitative study of general practitioners’ views
- 2021 Western Medical Research Conference
- 2020 Western Medical Research Conference