Physicians' Ethics Forum: a web-based ethics consultation service
- 1Hjelt Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
- 2Department of Psychiatry, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
- 3Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, National Institute for Health and Welfare, Helsinki, Finland
- 4Department of Social Research, University of Tampere, Finland
- 5Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
- Correspondence to Pekka Louhiala, Vuorikatu 17 as 3, FI-13100 Hämeenlinna, Finland;
- Received 3 May 2010
- Revised 19 April 2011
- Accepted 5 June 2011
- Published Online First 29 June 2011
To meet all physicians' needs for ethics consultation in Finland, a novel form of service, the Physicians' Ethics Forum, was founded in 2003. The Forum is a cost-efficient service based on electronic communication. In this paper, experiences throughout its first 6 years are described.
Competing interests None.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; externally peer reviewed.